Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Commitment

Commitment is a very important thing. It is essential for the functioning of relationships, family, and society. I don't know if you have experienced this, but I have no trouble with committing... that is for things of this world. I can spend hours on the phone with a friend or a family member.  But when it comes to pray?? After only a few minutes a thousand very important things rise up that seem to superseded my time with God. I do what my employer tells me to the "t" and I'm at work 10 or 15 minutes early every day. But it's ok to be late for church or other activities involving the body of Christ.

This isn't right. God should be receiving the first fruits not the leftovers. I should honor my relationship with Him above any other relationship. And, that is the desire of my heart.


JAY C.


"... When you sacrifice lame or diseased animals, is that not wrong? Try offering
them to your governor! Would he be pleased with you? ... "
Malachi 1:8

No comments:

Post a Comment